The Amazon Prime Day Sale – What You Need to Know
When you shop on Amazon.com, you can get deals and discounts every day of the year. This customer-oriented platform offers you daily discounts on a massive range of products, discount coupons, promotions and so on. However, there is one time of the year when you can get the biggest discounts ever. This mega sale is called the Amazon Prime Day sale.
What is the Amazon Prime Day Sale?
The Amazon Prime Day Sale is a 2-day event that takes place once a year. In this two-day period, thousands of retailers compete with each other to offer the biggest discounts to shoppers.
The dates of the sale change from year to year, and this year, in 2022, the Prime Day Sale is scheduled to take place on 243rd and 24th of July. The sale will start at 12am on the 23rd and continue until 11.59pm on the 24th.
Who is This Sale For?
The Prime Day Sale is for Amazon Prime members. So, if you wish to make the most of this sale, then now would be the time to get a Prime membership. Having said that, there are a handful of deals that are available to non-Prime members during this sale, but they are very limited. The best is reserved for Prime members.
What’s On Offer?
The July 2022 Prime Day sale in India will see more than 30,000 products being launched. These will include fashion products, electronics, appliances, mobile phones, furniture, footwear, toys, beauty and much more.
This is the time to shop for top brands such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Intel, Lenovo, Bajaj, Sony, Eureka Forbes, Puma, Adidas, Max, USPA, Tresemme, Fastrack, Asics, Surf Excel, Dabur, Mamaearth, Whirlpool, Colgate, IFB and many more. This sale will also see exclusive deals on Amazon Echo, Kindle and Fire TV. In fact, you can expect to see as much as 55% off on Fire TV products. Cookware items are expected to have discounts of more than 60% in this event.
Teaming Up with Banks
For this Prime Day sale, Amazon has tied up with several Indian banks to offer even more discounts to their customers. So, if you have an ICICI, SBI or HDFC debit or credit card, you can expect an additional 10% discount on your purchases.
Other Prime Day Sales
Prime Day sales take place in many countries across the globe. For example, July 12th saw the Prime Day sales take place in the United States, Canada, the UK, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, China, Australia and Japan. Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg and the Netherlands had their Prime Day sale on the 12th and 13th of July. And Sweden and Poland launched their first ever Prime Day sales at this time too.
The UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the rest of the GCC countries are scheduled to have their Prime Day sales on July 23rd and 24th along with India. So, if you wish to take advantage of the sales the other countries, then you should visit the Amazon.com Prime Day page and find out how you can do so.
What are the Benefits of Amazon Prime?
While the Prime Day sale is a big attraction to become a Prime member, many shoppers want to know if there are other benefits to upgrading.
There are, in fact, quite a few benefits to upgrading to Prime. Prime members get unlimited free and scheduled deliveries for all their shopping. You can also get one-day deliveries for a wide range of products. This means that the product you order will be delivered to your doorstep the very next day.
You are granted exclusive as well as early access to all promotions and deals. You get instant access to Prime Movies and TV Shows, and you can get ad-free music and unlimited offline downloads when you are a Prime member.
Tips on How to Make the Most of Prime Day
Here are a few tips on how to make the best of the Amazon Prime Day deals in India:
- If you’re not sure whether you want to upgrade to Prime membership but still want to enjoy the Prime Day sale, then you subscribe for the Amazon Prime trial. You get a 30-day free trial – if you haven’t used that option in the last 12 months.
- It would be best to plan ahead. Browse through the products that you want to buy during the Prime Day sale and mark them so that you get an alert. This way, you’ll get a notification as soon as the products you are interested in are on sale.
- Do not wait too long to make your purchases once the sale kicks off. In fact, try to buy the products you are interested in as soon as the sale starts. Most of the top-selling products (such as smart phones, certain appliances and so on) sell out fast. So, if you’re planning to buy a fast-selling product, then be ready to buy it as soon as the sale starts at midnight on 23rd July.
- Be sure to check the trending items on the Amazon.com platform. You will know which products will sell out faster this way. And if that item is on your list, then you know you need to buy it as soon as the sale starts.
- It is wise to remember that not all deals are released all at once. You have to keep checking the platform for new deals. So, if you have your shopping list ready, then keep checking Amazon to see what new deals have come up in that two-day period.
- A lot of new deals are available on the second day of the Prime Day sale, so just because items are sold out on the first day doesn’t mean that you should give up. This is why notifications and alerts and planning ahead are important. You can still get some really great deals on the second day of the sale.
- Look out for those limited-time and limited stock lightening discounts. During this 2-day sale, there will some surprise deals with massive discounts, so keep an eye out for them.